Sunday, February 1, 2009

On the mend and overdue

Yes, I realize it has been way too long since my last post. Probably a record for me. So rather than watch the Superbowl, I am going to blog. Last Saturday Brooklyn starting running a fever. Then Sunday, she got an all out stomach bug. She was sick all week. You can't comprehend the love for your child until you are covered in their throw up! I don't know how the other two haven't gotten it, but I pray that they don't. I spent all week trying to take care of Brooklyn while trying to keep her apart from her sisters as much as possible so she wouldn't share her germs. I felt so bad for her. We had a trip planned to Fort Worth this weekend and I didn't think we would be able to go, but Friday morning Brooklyn seemed to be doing better so we took a chance and loaded the girls in the car. They did great! They got to spend time with their cousin Jackson who turned one year old on Friday. Happy B-day Jack! The girls had a great time playing with him on Friday and then going to his birthday party on Saturday.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The girls wondering why Jackson has a cracker and they don't. I love this pic!

Photobucket
That's more like it!

Photobucket
Brooklyn getting chased by Jackson and Caitlyn

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jackson and Caitlyn

Photobucket
Sharing so well!

Photobucket
Birthday Boy

Photobucket
Bye Bye! See you next time!

Photobucket
Nite out with no babies - me, Kelly, and Leah

Photobucket
The boys - Matt, Marshall, and Brian

We also took the girls down to the stockyards since the rodeo was going on. We wanted to go to the petting zoo but the line was insane. So we just walked around the children's barn. They liked seeing all the different animals.

Photobucket
Addyson trying to get the goat

Photobucket
Brooklyn and Caitlyn

Photobucket

P.S. Brooklyn is walking everywhere! She is so cute walking with her arms out to keep her balance. We are still trying to coerce Caitlyn into taking a step. She will stand on her own for 20-30 seconds and you can tell she is really thinking about it. Then she will just lunge at you! It is pretty funny but I don't think it will be long before she will be brave enough to go for it. I will try and get some video of Brooklyn walking.

1 comment:

Kim and Scott said...

I am so glad Brooklyn is feeling better. I love the pictures of all of the kiddos. So cute! I can't wait to see Brooklyn cruising everywhere.