Saturday, March 14, 2009

My poor Caitlyn





















My poor Caitlyn has been battling a double ear infection for weeks. We have gone through two rounds of different antiobiotics. The past week she has been pretty fussy and then this morning she woke up with a high fever. I took her back to the doctor and sure enough, no change. The doctor said our last resort was a series of shots of a super powerful antiobiotic. The shots have to be given daily for three days. The dose is so strong that they have to split it into two doses so she had to get a shot in each leg. It also had lidocaine in it to help numb her legs but that made it sting even worse going in. It was very hard for mommy to watch! So we are going back Sunday and Monday to get four more shots and then going to see the ENT. It looks like she will be needing tubes. Please keep Caitlyn in your prayers. She has been such a trooper and still manages to smile!

1 comment:

Whitney Grace said...

Kara, I a so sorry to hear about sweet Caitlyn!!! If you need anything please call me...I will help any way I can. I will keep her in my prayers :)